Commissions - some nitty-gritty
All paintings are a collaborative enterprise between the illustrator Diana Reynolds, (working as Diana Reynolds Design) the client and the pet or pets in question. The prices here are a guide for a single pet portrait.
If you want more than one pet illustrated, or would like a portrait of you with your pet, let’s talk, as these two options have different prices but are easy to collaborate upon and achieve!
Diana works exclusively with photographs. To this end, clear un-blurred photos with special attention paid to eyes are essential. The clearer the photographs, the better your portrait will be. I’d love to see your pet, but this is not always possible or essential. Diana can give advice in achieving your photographs but if there are problems, we can help with your photography for an extra fee.
How to get started….
Simple! Contact Diana to discuss your ideas and your pet. Decide on a size to suit the hanging space and budget. Let’s chat if there are other sizes you have in mind. From there we can work towards achieving a beautiful illustrated portrait of your pet.
Delivery time can be from 2 – 6 weeks from start, so allow lead times. For Christmas portraits please put on your order at latest mid October – mid November.
Diana loves to work to deadlines! However if the timing is too tight, please consider a digital Diana Reynolds Design gift certificate, so the artwork can be achieved in a timely manner - perfection takes time!
Your commission and price will be confirmed by email. If you choose to proceed, Diana requires a 60% deposit into a nominated bank account before proceeding. The remaining 40% payable into the same account before the artwork becomes yours.
During the process of creating your artwork, Diana Reynolds design will be sending you visual updates of progress (at least 4 digital jpegs in progress images + a finished jpeg sent to your email address).
Of course you are free to contact Diana with any thoughts or questions you have during the illustrating of your pet.
Freight and Delivery
All freight charges for within Australia and overseas is included in the prices.
Sydney metropolitan delivery is free as part of our service. If you prefer to collect your portrait in person, please contact me to arrange a time.
For all commissions, artwork will be shipped flat – paper and canvass artworks will be packed sturdily but unframed, for economy.